Look… the decision to travel during this time of uncertainty is DEEPLY personal. I can’t tell you what to do. But I CAN help you access the information you need in order to make the decision that’s best for you and your family. Here are the top things to consider to keep you (and your wallet) safe:
1. Be sure you understand all cancellation policies. Know, in advance, the deadline for cancelling and make sure you read the fine print about fees. Always pay with a credit card so that you have an extra layer of protection in your corner. For even more security, consider adding travel protection. HOWEVER, be sure you understand the policy completely and know what they do and do not cover. Oftentimes, cancellations due to the pandemic are excluded.
2. Keep track of any possible travel restrictions both in your home state as well as any regulations or restrictions in your destination. Some states require a quarantine period. Florida, for example, has imposed a mandatory 14 day quarantine for visitors from New York. And New York requires a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon return.
3. Familiarize yourself with the sanitation and safety regulations at your destination. How are they cleaning and disinfecting between guests? How are they minimizing interactions with staff and enforcing social distancing in public spaces? How is the area, in general, handling their COVID cases and what is the ratio of positive cases?
4. Do your research regarding dining, entertainment and amenities. Are restaurants open for dining in or are they still limited to take out? Are tourist locations open for business? Are they limiting admission to parks and beaches? Will there be enough options for you and your family during your stay?
5. Now, more than ever, it is critical that you book your vacation with a travel agent. At Kingdom and Cruise Travel, we make it our business to keep up-to-date with the ever changing rules and regulations that impact your travel. We know the individual policies of each destination- policies that are changing sometimes DAILY. We will navigate the sea of information for you. You’ll have us in your corner!